This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is selling a personal item on Facebook considered spam?
11-29-2013, 09:22 PM
Is selling a personal item on Facebook considered spam?
I'm looking to sell a tablet computer and I thought posting it on Facebook might help. Everybody I'm friends with on Facebook are real friends, so I'm not some stranger they don't know. Also, I'm selling it at a good price, so I bet some people would be genuinely interested. But am I "annoying" others by making posts to sell stuff? I've never done this before so I'm not bombing them with advertising. I've seen others make posts to sell stuff, but I don't want people to think I'm taking advantage of them and using friends/family as potential customers. Most people get on Facebook to see what others are doing, not to use it like Craig's List. But I figure that just this one time won't really matter much.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2013, 09:36 PM

I wouldn't consider it spam if it happened to me, but it would make me consider whether I should unfriend whoever does it. After all I hate ads in Facebook as it is, and the last thing I would need is even my friends putting in ads!

Ads

11-29-2013, 09:40 PM

No, this is not considered spam althought it may be a bit annoying if you're always doing it. A lot of people try to sell stuff on Facebook and you can even find groups with that purpose (a virtual geographical marketplace)... just post an update saying you're selling you're tablet with a very breif description then post a link to your ad like craigslist or kijiji.
11-29-2013, 09:48 PM

I Would Not Consider it Spam Unless you Post it Over and Over
11-29-2013, 09:51 PM

No, selling a personal item on Facebook is not considered spam.