This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
In regard to patent what is meant by the terms the private benefit and social?
10-13-2012, 05:10 PM
In regard to patent what is meant by the terms the private benefit and social?
i have this patent problem with my startup company. i am making games for the kids for a community, but my friend which is responsible for marketing is wondering should we patent this game or not.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 05:18 PM

Is the game novel, and not an "obvious" varient of another game? If so, you can potentially patent it and prevent your competition from copying you. If you develop a new game without protection, and it sells well, your competition will knock you off right away, and steal your market.

Start with a patent search (http://www.karich.net). Then file a patent, either with an attorney, or do your own provisional. Get your protection before showing the product to anyone, or selling it.

You also will need a trademark, to protect the name. There are books on doing it yourself, if money is tight. Make sure your name is not already taken before you print the product, or you could be in for a major problem.
Eric Karich, Patent Attorney

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply