This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can Excess of Facebook/Whatsapp Lead to Anxiety Syndrome ?? Can it be cured ?
12-01-2013, 02:42 AM
Can Excess of Facebook/Whatsapp Lead to Anxiety Syndrome ?? Can it be cured ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2013, 02:48 AM

There are two problems I want to talk about today considering influence of social networking on our lives.

First is obsession.

Social networks are good about fuelling our obsession with something or someone. We can discuss our problems over and over again, secretly stalk our ex-boyfriends and ex-girlfriends, or participate in love/hate relationships with celebrities or even our co-workers.

It's an unhealthy environment which breads strong emotions and certainly can cause mental health problems like depression or anxiety.

Social networks like Facebook and MySpace also can replace real life interactions with cyberspace world and leave you totally isolated from your community and neighbours.

For example, study by Stony Brook University of New York revealed that discussing the same problems and

Ads

12-01-2013, 03:01 AM

No it Doesn't. Ask in 'phsycology' category about what causes anxiety syndrome, cuz I don' know much about it....
12-01-2013, 03:03 AM

excess of anything is bad
12-01-2013, 03:15 AM

Yes jai, psuedo studies at institute of social life have confirmed this.studies have shown that excessive levels of status updates,profile stalking and notifications can have serious, often detremental impacts on an individuals life in the real world.in 2009 it was proven that most person between the ages of 12-25 who use facebook have gotten so dependent on it they've almost amalgamated their real lives with that of their virtual one.Sending status updates refering to just about everything they are doing has become rather strange.for 1 who would want to know wether or not a person is currently on the loo and 2 if your finding time to be on facebook every second of everyday then you might not have much of a life.plus if you were to go cold turkey because addiction to fb is indeed a certified medical condition you just may find your self waking up in the middle of the night cold sweats running down your face wondering "I wonder what my friends are saying about me"or "hmm I bet someone commented on my pic yay let me go check" this what we in the medical field call "needing a fix."I magine for a momment you're talking to someone then all of sudden they do not respond could be they've not seen your message? Or are they just ignoring you so you go ahead and you send one more and guess what he\she doesn't respond so you decide to hop on over to their profiles and have a peek at what they're doing.Although most of this sounds quite innocent over time facebook may awaken or encourage a persons darkpessager in the form of a stalkerish persona which we'll refer to as your inner "ralphs." While you may be ok with getting ignored ralph may not like it very much and ralph just might decide to pay said friend a visit and end up with two more friends mr assault and mr felony and when your locked up ralph won't be there to offer much needed moral support when big black ted is in the mood for white meat.so if you do not want to add mr ted to your friends list I suggest you get help becuase jesus christ is your and saviour.Theeese are facts!
12-01-2013, 03:21 AM

No, i do not think so