This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
do you think the public and media's perception of what goes on in bars and clubs, inaccurate and exaggerated?
10-13-2012, 05:15 PM
do you think the public and media's perception of what goes on in bars and clubs, inaccurate and exaggerated?
It is generally perceived to be places where people can easily expect to meet strangers and hook up and that there is a proper casual sex scene going on

In reality There is really no 'casual sex scene' per se.

For me, it is essentially BYOB (Bring Your Own Bich). Most people go t bars and clubs as couples or in groups.

Its is rarely possible to talk to women you dont already know. Most women come to bars with their own social circle and (unlike men) completely shut themselves to anyone outside of that circle.

You need good looks, oozing levels of confidence and social intelligence to create some sort of context to get yourself noticed by women and make them come out of their protective shells

In reality, bars and clubs are extremely competitive and harsh places for men. Even the least attractive women in a 'bar setting' will only respond to men who stand out

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 05:23 PM

The media likes to exaggerate a lot of things.

"Speak the truth or hold your peace"

Ads

For sure. What they don't say is that clubs are hot as hell and super sweaty and there's drunks that are just cussing people out.
They are harsh places for people as a whole.
There is nothing special about a club and there's nothing your missing out on.
The solely purpose I think men go are for women.
While women just like to dance.

Depends what club you go to maybe?!,confidence and charm or something they want these are the most important thing you need in them kind of situations.

i don't think in Ireland (where i'm from) they are that difficult to talk to!(depends on the individuals i suppose)

good luck!!

Yeah!...Media is full of it.

I don't go out much, but it mostly depends on the partyscene - it differs per club, per city, per music style (! seriously, try salsa dancing, it's not as clean as you'd think).

Oh definitely.

The only thing you didn't include is that bars and clubs are usually so loud that even if you wanted to hit on anyone you can't. If you by some freak miracle got somebody secluded from whoever they went there with of course.