This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it a good idea to go?
12-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Is it a good idea to go?
I have been looking to make new friends this year, as i don't have hardly any. So i joined a basketball team.

Anyway today, there is a social event on for all players. I would like to go but there is a problem the event was advertised on Facebook, i don't use Facebook because i don't have many friends. Im afraid that people will ask for my Facebook and most of the people going have joined the even page on Facebook.

Thats the frustrating thing! if you do not use Facebook nowadays people think you are a fucking freak! i hate it! Sad

So should i turn up? i could just wait till their next event when i know my team mates better.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2013, 11:53 AM

Many people don't use Facebook nowadays. There are many privacy issues, personal info shown as public, etc. There are frauds happening occasionally. Rarely, but if you don't want to get embarassed, you could always explain that you are very careful with your info and you don't use Facebook for privacy reasons.

Or just create an account, explain to your team that it is new and that's why you don't have any friends yet.
If you don't have anyone to add, hide your friends' list (this way no one will see how many friends you have - it is in the options menu)

Also, don't really hessitate on adding people you know on Facebook. Classmates, neighbourhood friends - anyone. Really, everyone in Facebook has hundreds of people added, but only a few of them are REAL friends, most of them are just person they've met somewhere.

Don't feel ashamed that you don't have much friends... It is important to have just one, but true friend. Most of the people with many "Facebook" friends, don't even have one real.

So, don't feel bad, just go to the event. Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply