This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are Twitter messages to all followers or to a direct person?
09-30-2012, 02:46 AM
Are Twitter messages to all followers or to a direct person?
I was wondering if when someone messages you on Twitter if it is directly just to you or to all of their followers.

I got a message saying it's good to have you follow me and hope you enjoy the journey..(or something like that).. I don't want to be rude and not answer if it was directlyto me but i don't want to answer of it was to all of his followers...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2012, 02:54 AM

All followers

Ads

tweets are to all followers and messages are to a specific person

If you put a message on your main twitter page, everyone who follows you will see the message. If you put a message on your main twitter page with @whoeverthenameofthepersonis, that person and everyone who follows you will see the message. In other words, when that person sent you that tweet, everyone of his followers saw his message to you. If you respond to his tweet by putting @hisname, all of your followers will see it as well as he will.

The only way to send a tweet where only that one person will see it is to send it through as a private message. At the top of your twitter page, there is a link titled "Messages." If you click on that link, anything you send in that page will only go to the person you address the message to. He will be the only one to see it.