This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Someone keeps hacking into my email account and opened a Facebook account using my email. how do I stop this?
12-02-2013, 02:04 AM
Someone keeps hacking into my email account and opened a Facebook account using my email. how do I stop this?
From happening?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2013, 02:18 AM

Get a new email account or change your password and make sure it has both capitals AND numbers.

Ads

12-02-2013, 02:28 AM

Change your passwords and make them difficult to guess. Maybe choose a word then remove all the vowels and add your favorite number at the end. For example, Applejack would become ppljck8

Good luck!
12-02-2013, 02:34 AM

change passwords security question etc. do you have a virus scanner?? is your fire wall on?? some times people put key loggers on your computer. what this does is it logs every key you type and sends it to the hacker. also are you leaving your accounts logged in when you are away. maybe its someone in your house messing around with you.
12-02-2013, 02:37 AM

First download the free scanner from ttp://malwarebytes.org and run the full scan in case someone has pushed a keylogger onto your machine and is reading every keystroke, including banking and credit card details, user names and passwords. If it finds anything you need to sort out how you use your machine. You need a good, fully updated active anti-spyware/virus. you must NOT just blindly click links people send you or open email attachments unless you are absolutely sure of the content.
After this scan you need to change ALL your account passwords AND security questions and answers. All passwords need tp be at least 8 characters long. They must NEVER contain any part relating to you, friends, pets, family, cars, addresses, phone numbers or any of the other things you tell the whole world in chat or in person. They must include a mixture of upper case and lower case letters and some numbers. and use a different password on EVERY site.
Then NEVER answer questions to anyone who constantly asks you any of the above information. and never tell anyone how you make up our password. Your security questions should equally not relate truly to you.