This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to change your gender on facebook?
12-02-2013, 04:06 AM
How to change your gender on facebook?
I noticed that some people are able to make their facebook use gender neutral pronouns instead of him/her. For example if you arent friends with someone it usually says this:

To see what SHE shares with friends, send HER a friend request.

But I have seen a couple people with this:

To see what THEY share with friends, send THEM a friend request.

How do I make my facebook use they and them instead of her or him? When I go into my settings it only lets me choose male or female...I am genderqueer so that is why I am asking.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2013, 04:21 AM

Go to your timeline, then go to the about tab, then scroll to basic information and press edit.

There is a gender setting which can be switched from male to female, also a tick box for "Show on my timeline".

The best you can do is untick the "Show on my timeline" option but it will still say "Her/she or he/his" depending on what you had the gender last set to. People with "they" have it like that because they never changed the gender option and had "Show on my timeline" unticked from the very start.

Go to your timeline, press the gear icon then go to View As to see what people will see your gender as.

I know your struggles and things like this, I have OCD and some things can't be changed so try making a new account to check if you can fix it. If it fixes maybe you can delete your old account after transferring the information. Email me for more help.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply