This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get a Twitter account suspended? PLEASE HELP!?
12-02-2013, 02:10 PM
How to get a Twitter account suspended? PLEASE HELP!?
Hi. An hour ago, I found an account that stole my twitter icon. The icon I have was one that I made and took time making. The account that stole my icon took credit for making it (even though they did absolutely NOTHING.) As infuriated as I got, I originally tweeted her to take it down because it was mine and the least she could've done was give me credit. She replied by saying no. Then I told her that it was MY ICON and that I WAS THE ONE WHO MADE IT, not her. She decided to ignore me. Then as annoyed and aggravated as I got, I told her that she should feel so proud of herself for stealing and taking credit for something that was never hers. Then she tweeted me back saying that she did and shes proud of it.
Just now, she tweeted her followers (which she only has 200 of) and indirected me (@//my twitter name) and told everyone to block me for "harassing" her and "accusing" her of stealing my icon in which "she made."

This really gets me mad because I spent a lot of time editing the picture and putting everything together and she decides to take credit for it and accuse me of stealing it from her.

Whats worse was that this wasn't the first time shes stolen something and took credit for it.

I was wondering what way would be the easiest for her account to get suspended.
She lies and steals and it just really infuriates me.

Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2013, 02:23 PM

not possible

Ads

12-02-2013, 02:28 PM

Go to the person's person's profile and click on report account. That will send an automated message to Twitter admin that the person is either harassing or doing something unwelcome on Twitter.

But, it is tough to get Twitter to take action that way unless they get reports from lot of users on a consistent basis. My suggestion would be to tell the person not to steal your intellectual property. You could also do copyright violation complaint.
12-02-2013, 02:42 PM

So, she's done this before and you did the same thing again? Didn't you learn your lesson the first time?

You may have made the icon, but do you have proof? You don't have a copyright on the icon, then posted it on a public social media site, which made the icon fair game. Anyone could copy it and use it. If they want to lie and say it's theirs, they can do that.

This isn't an offense that Twitter will suspend an account for. Actually, it isn't even an offense. This is really your fault. Hopefully now, you learned to not trust people on line. Stop following this person and block her so she can't do it again. Remember that if you create something, get a copyright or don't post it publicly.