This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it Halal to work in Marketing stream in Islam?
10-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Is it Halal to work in Marketing stream in Islam?
I am pursuing BMS(Bachelor in Management Studies) with Marketing as my majors. For me marketing ivvolves advertising, direct selling, social media, field and off field marketing jobs, public relation job, research and strategy making at marketing level, media etc.

(NOTE : I know bank jobs are haram so need no description in that. I want to know individually about this streams)

I need true and correct answers with view of Quranic and Hadees verses.

Serious people only please.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 05:49 PM

Ask you Imam if the question occupies you. Halal means legally acquired, received by common agreement. It has at the base nothing to do with food. Muslims are as miss-lead by the scriptures as the Christians or Jews. In Torah Halal means kosher, legally acquired and is related to sexual agreement between man and woman only. Bible and Qu'ran teach the energy of your body, it's anatomy and it's way of acting, thinking, relation between the 2 poles of polarity, male female, Adam and Eve, or Al-Lat and Al-Uza. Do not ask that to the Imam unless you know him well and you are sure he is aware fo Taasawuff, islamic Soufism what is same as Jewish Kabbalah.

So, if you stick to your religion as a believer and not as a man of knowledge, you ask your Imam to inform you. Soufis are Theosophists, just as we, the hermetic Kabbalists are. I am a TOV, the Vatika of Kabbalah and we teach the wisdom of God, not the religious words of God. Theosophy is too complex to teach to anyone without basic knowledge about how a body works and what he is made off.

Ads

Business (Buying and selling) is the best method to judge one's Eimaan. If a person is just in his dealings with other in respect of his business, he is considered a good Muslim adhering to Islamic princicples.

Marketing is a part of Business. But one should know what he is marketing, whether the concept or the thing falls under the category of prohibited earnings or approved halaal earnings. In advertsing of a thing, truth must be told as much as a good thing has to be marketed, which benefits the purchaser, without doing any harm. Multi Level Marketing (MLM) is so speculative and indefinite that on a certain point a large number of people incur loss and a very few accumulate a huge profit without their efforts. Hence, it is considered prohibited in Islam.

Anywork for earning money for the family in a right way is allowed and permissible.. This is agreed by all religions including islam.

Rasulullah (pbuh) was a trader.

A general guidance I follow regarding marketing is when we're selling something, we have to be honest about things we sell.