This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
make message private on facebook?
12-03-2013, 12:49 AM
make message private on facebook?
I want to make my message private on people who are not my friends on facebook how can I do that?
That is not what I meant, I mean when someone that isnt my friend decide to messgage me on facebook because I don't want people who aren't my friends to message me. I just want people who are friends to message me. I known people who i want to message them and they are not my friends they have it private therefore i cannot message them how can I do that?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2013, 12:55 AM

If you do mean messages then the messages that you send to people are already private. No one can go on and read the messages that you are sending to people through the chatting system. If you actually mean posts then when you go to post there is a scroll menu next to the button that you use to post. If you click that you can choose the privacy level of the thing you are posting,

Ads

12-03-2013, 01:05 AM

You can change it through either your account settings or the lock looking button next to your name. To change from settings, click on account settings. Then go to Privacy. There will be a heading titled "Who can contact me?" Change your filtering from basic to strict. To change from the "Lock" button, click on the "Who can contact me?" option which is the second one. Click on Strict filtering. The second way I suggested is the quickest way to change your settings, but either way will get you to where you want as you can see.

I think people can still message you, but you will neither get a notification nor see it in your inbox. The message would go to your "Other" box. I'm not entirely sure though because mine is set up so that anyone can send me a message. I know what you are talking about, but I'm not sure if that is even available anymore, where the message button isn't even shown when someone not on your friends list is viewing your profile. Hope this helps Smile