This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Minor in Psychology/ Major in Business Marketing?
10-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Minor in Psychology/ Major in Business Marketing?
I wanted to major in business marketing to become a potential fashion buyer. I also wanted to become a social worker, so I am going through the route of psychology. So I figured I would minor in psychology and major in business marketing. Do you guys think these majors/minors are too far fetched together?

Which one seems better?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 06:09 PM

A minor in psychology really isn't adequate to become a social worker. The two fields you are interested in are pretty different but there are a couple routes you take to accomplish both. First, you can get separate degrees in both social work and business or marketing. Second, you can pick one or the other and go with it. Or third, you can focus on a psychology degree and later pursue a Master's or Doctorate in Industrial Organizational Psychology (I/O). I/O is basically the study of human behavior in a business setting. This may not suffice to be a social worker as it leans strongly to the business side of things but with hard work and an open-mind, you can probably make it work. Or you can consider a degree in Clinical Psychology and hope to land an I/O position somewhere. Or you can always pursue a degree in business/marketing and satisfy your desire for social work by volunteering for charities or shelters that may need help.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply