This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Social Marketing & Web Content Consultant - hourly rate?
10-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Social Marketing & Web Content Consultant - hourly rate?
I'm about to graduate college (a semester early) & am pursuing a part time position as a Social Marketing & Web Content Consultant for a non-profit - what kind of hourly rate should I expect/ask for?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 06:20 PM

I'm sorry that I cannot answer for the corporate world nor your region. We pay our Social Marketing contractors around $5-$12 US/hour during training (first 90 days) depending on where they are in the world. After that, we discuss a more permanent rate. We also offer 100% commission based opportunities so the person gets out what they put in. Example: You help us promote a new site, you get 50% of the profits for x amount of months or a much smaller percentage indefinitely. I know that the corporate employee/employer world is less flexible BUT everything is negotiable in today's economy and if you ask a potential employer about this type of incentive structure, you might be surprised what they are willing to offer on top of an hourly rate.

If I had to guess on salary, I would say about $25-30,000 per year to start but firms that realize the potential of social marketing might pay $40-$50k.

Good luck!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply