This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I am addicted to facebook ...suggest me away to beat it...?
12-05-2013, 05:52 AM
I am addicted to facebook ...suggest me away to beat it...?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2013, 06:05 AM

close your account, get out more

Ads

12-05-2013, 06:19 AM

get out into the real world more
12-05-2013, 06:31 AM

video games, anime, movies, tv shows, a life, sports, working out, eating, music, other hobbies

job and/or school should take most of your time away, then fill it up with the above and bam, all you got time left is sleep.

also deactivate your account unless you have friends/family outside of your local area. there's no point otherwise
12-05-2013, 06:39 AM

01 – Admit you have a problem – This sounds like the first step to any other addiction. you ask yourself “What did I just accomplish by checking Facebook?” Ha! If only I had that much self-control over my Facebook addiction. Well, at least I admit to it!

02 – Define your goals on Facebook – Hmm … I never really had any goals with Facebook. Although maybe my goal should be to reach 5,000 friends. That surely would get me to login more frequently. Just logging in to check on friends’ birthdays, keep track of old friends, etc. Once you catch yourself going off track, log off. If only it was that easy!

03 – Make a Facebook Schedule – Seriously? If you find yourself scheduling Facebook into your daily schedule, this should be a serious warning sign. I suggests that “after each Facebook goal, write down how much time and at what frequency you’ll need to be on Facebook to achieve that goal.” Are they serious? Based on the calculations they suggested, you end up using Facebook for 6 hours and 20 minutes a week. I think this is still a relatively significant amount of time, although I spend much more time on the site.

04 – Think of other things you could be doing – Duh! This is a no brainer. I could be at the gym, socializing in the real world or a million other things but there is a reason I logged on in the first place. I’m starting to think that these suggestions are totally useless!

05 – Leave Facebook – This should have been number one! If you are spending way too much time on Facebook, quit cold turkey. It’s like having your cell phone turned off for 24 hours. Once you do it, you will realize how dependent you have become and think twice about your usage.

06 – Find a substitute – This one is good. Facebook taking up too much time? Find another site that isn’t as good! Someone says “if you find you’re at a computer during critical relapse time, find another website to log onto and read instead of Facebook.” Facebook relapse? This is a little crazy.
12-05-2013, 06:51 AM

Delete your account.

I tried Facebook one and I honestly can't see how anybody could get addicted to such a boring, useless site.
12-05-2013, 06:52 AM

adicted to fb mean addicted to chat with new girls.....so better to avoid girls 1st then u automatically will avoid fb..
12-05-2013, 07:06 AM

Try Walking Away From Facebook For a While Stop Using it Or If you Cant help it Use it Just Less Use it Once in a While The Longer you Stay Away the More Easier it will Be Try Deactivating your Profile
12-05-2013, 07:18 AM

I actually have an account but never use it i use it only to log into yahoo but heres some reasons how to beat your addiction.

1- Admit you have an addiction-This is obvious one, you have an addiction to FaceBook so admit it to yourself.

2.-Understand Facebook is not real-Facebook is a scam which causes problems it lowers your social attitude to people who you actually know,

3.-Understand that most of the friends on your friends list are not your proper friends-FaceBook friends you connect with are probabbly people you do not speak to and if they are people you speak to you will have a less chance of actually seing them properly.

4.-Deactivate your account-Obvious one just deactivate it.
12-05-2013, 07:25 AM

Try using it less often, like only 10-30 minutes a day, it's all you need anyways.

OR

Try getting more friends in the real world

OR

Try finding some internet alternatives like Yahoo Answers, spend more time on here.