This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you give a potential employer your Facebook or Twitter passwords for background purposes?
12-07-2013, 02:32 AM
Would you give a potential employer your Facebook or Twitter passwords for background purposes?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2013, 02:42 AM

NO NO NO. It is your account. Its not right when employers want their passwords to social media. Because they can missuse and spy and could potentially lead to some law suits.

Ads

12-07-2013, 02:46 AM

No. Instead of having different passwords for everything, use one. DON'T TELL ANYONE THIS PASSWORD!!! If you have wifi and you tell your co-workers or friends make it another password.
12-07-2013, 02:48 AM

I would withdraw my application from such creepy employers.
12-07-2013, 03:01 AM

Personally, I would not want anyone to have my password to any of my accounts, however, this is a new way for employers to weed out "undesirables". It's now pretty standard practice for companies, organizations and schools to ask for access to a potential employee's social media accounts.

Banks are even doing this now as a way to see who is a risk for lending. The premise for this is that if your social media friends have poor credit, then you, too, will become a risk.

Fair? Not at all, but, there are so many job seekers out there that these companies can get away with it. If you really don't need the job, you can simply refuse to give up your information. But, what do you do if you have a job that you need and your employer asks for social media access?

Another issue is that schools are asking for access to students' social media. This is because of all the incidents involving cyber-bullying.

Bottom line here: If you are going to be looking for a job, if you want to get into a good school, or if you will soon be looking into getting a mortgage, it's best to start cleaning up ALL of your social media.