This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook stalking situation?
12-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Facebook stalking situation?
My friend has had a stalker for 5 years now on Facebook. Started in December of 2008

They never met but the stalker at one point had hacked my friends account and kept stealing all her pictures parading around the internet pretending to be her and using her name. This ex friend
(I don't know how they met on fb) has written pointless messages like "hi" or "how are you"
My friend said that they were friends for not even a month until she noticed that the stalker whom they had mutual internet friends with would use her name to post comments or introduce herself.

My friend said that she didn't even know she looked that good to have her pictures stolen..
My friend is in her 20's and lives in Seattle.
what can she do?

The messages the stalker sends my friend aren't threatening or anything like that and she's not in fear for her life because her family and friends have her back.
Do we Call the police and make a report?
How can she know the location or name of this person?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2013, 07:58 AM

Threaten to sue

Ads

12-07-2013, 08:05 AM

There is a section you can report these things to on Facebook. The "cog" thing you click on on a computer to logout has a help section. Click on that and type "some is impersonating me" into the bar. The first response should be "What do I do if someone is impersonating me". It will give you a few options like reporting the page/account, and seeing its activity (I think, not sure though.) I don't know if your friend will have to prove that she is who she says she is, but this will get her started.

Smile