This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Network Marketing Or Internet Marketing--What do you feel is the best way to build a Direct Sales business?
10-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Network Marketing Or Internet Marketing--What do you feel is the best way to build a Direct Sales business?
I have been in the Direct Selling Industry for over 14 years. With the rise of the social web, I have noticed a change in the way people do business. I am looking at launching a new business in my area and wondering if women are still into home parties? Do you like to shop on-line or at a friend's house? If you are a direct selling rep feel free to give your opinion. Thanks so much for your help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 07:15 PM

Well you are right, the internet has changed everything. I have done MLM strictly over the internet and I have done quite well. Of course your client bas in most cases is everyone in the world.

In the last year I have left MLM to get into affiliate marketing. This has worked so much better for me because for the most part I make my money with my marketing. I dont worry about recruiting. While I do recruit a bit that only accounts for about 5 percent of my income and I really dont lose sleep over bringing new people on board.

It is still very hard work but also very rewarding. I definately choose affiliate marketing over network marketing.

Ads

I have been in Direct Sales for 8 years . . . it's an incredible life! I just switched companies (I went from a party plan company where my team did 1.5 million dollars in sales a year) to a MLM company for a few reasons. I think party plans are on the way out . . . with the economy the way it is it's hard to find people who want to have people over and feel obligated to buy things. I was also tired of driving all over the place and using gas money for crappy parties :-) What I am doing now is considered Direct Sales too but I found something unique to the market and you basically work with your direct circle of influence (friends, family, neighbors) and it grows from there. It's a lot less pressure and hardly any out of pocket expenses. It's been an adjustment going from $10,000 a month paychecks to "starting over", but the company is about 6 months old and absolutely exploding. It is done mainly by word of mouth and then over the web. That's my two cents! I'd love to network with you . . what type of business are you looking at launching? You can email me!! Thanks.

Hey MLM mom,

How about a combination of both?

I've been affiliate/internet marketing since 2001. Last year, I became involved with Beachbody, a network marketing company. At first, it was as a customer. I tried their P90X extreme home workout program with Tony Horton. I saw the infomercial running daily on TV and though I would give it a try. I soon lost a ton of weight and got absolutely ripped in 90 days!

After that, I decided to become involved in their coaching program. Currently, I have thousands of clients across the country. I am available to them via messageboards, phone, and email to offer support and encouragement while they are doing one of the MANY Beachbody programs (p90X, P90, Slim in 6, 10 Minute Trainer, Hip Hop Abs, Yoga Booty Ballet, etc).

Beachbody provides me with clients on a daily basis. Also, I use my internet marketing skills to obtain many on my own. for instance, I have YouTube videos with over 200,000 pageviews! some days, I have 50-100 emails in my inbox.

So yes, network marketing can be done on a local level, but also using internet marketing techniques.

You can find out more about me and Beachbody's opportunity by visiting the links below.

All the best,

Dennis Hardy
Independent Team Beachbody Fitness Coach

I have used what I think is the absolute best guide on the internet...plus it's free. They are at http://www,internetmarketingsbestfreeguide.com. It has a part on SEO that was very informative.-- so overall, I say that they are safe to do business with and have good programs.

I also work from home. However, it is through a nationally recognized Medical Benefits company. The only option is to work out of your own home, unless you work for the corporate office. You are considered an Independent contractor and run your business as you please. I choose to work full time, however they are currently hiring both full/part time positions. I set my own hours, so it is very convenient for me. The job responsibilities are to help customers with their medical benefits, and help others who want to work from home.

If you are interested or would like any information feel free to e-mail me. I'll leave you my email and website address.

Kimberly
khoffman199@ameriplan.net
http://www.freedomathometeam.com/40633126

I have not done well with internet marketing but have had some success keeping it person to person. I have done a number of MLMs in the past, all to my dismay except for one. That one was (is) XanGo. It is the only one I have ever turned a profit with. However I am optimistic I will do well with a new one I just signed up with. It is actually in its pre-launch right now and you can get in at the very top before the product shipping kicks off next month. If you want to be in at the top and representing a product that is quickly gaining much notoriety in the health and wellness industry, this may be for you. It is an Açai product but with a much higher ORAC rating than other Açai products on the market. Also it has the most aggressive compensation plan I have ever seen in a MLM. Commissions are paid 9 levels on a 3x9 matrix just for being an active distributer. There are NO volume or growth criteria that have to be met in order to get commissions your entire 9 levels. Secondly it is only $14 dollars
to become a distributer. If this sounds like something that would intrest you, please send me an e-mail for more information edriczaruba@verizon.net
Best regards:
Edric Zaruba

I am just getting into it.

My business model is to use the web to network market my MLM. Actually I think one of the tree I am getting into is not exactly MLM since it is a different payment model than traditional network marketing.

However, that being said, everyone says do it the traditional way of going up to people.

Here is my rule of thumb.

Make a list of friends and family. Never, never, never pitch them or even tell them about your business opportunity unless they pry out of you what your doing.

Only pitch to people who are already business people (in the case of my model, sales professionals since it is mostly about selling).

Next, I am building a web site and a squeeze page to help prospects find me. My requirement to join my team...they will have to find at least two people to sign up under them. This kinda makes them be successful prior to joining. (Just an idea, don't know how well it will work. I am up to 7 interested people and I have not joined yet)

For those who do join under me, I will put the next sign-ups under them. This will only last for a while as once the organization gets so big, it will not be possible.

This is using both models.

It seems there are a few already doing just this.

Have not yet joined. Plan to soon. I am getting a lot of resistance when it comes to change. I suspect you will too.

Best wishes.

Hi there I have been in network marketing for 6 years with little to no success, I didn't relies until last Year that the industry has changed today people dont wanna get into MLM because they dont want to do cold calling or selling ...but this is not the end

last year in Nov 2007 i discover that to be successful in MLM you need to learn how to use web2.0 to market yourself and get targeted leads into your business I was bumped into mlmgoldmine its not a network marketing its a online school that teach mlms how to use web2.0 to get targeted leads into your mlm

for me I decided to quit my MLM and iam using web2.0 to market as an affiliate, by the way mlmgoldmine colse to public in march 2008 but last month they re-open the door and they only accept people to join after they pass the online interview survey , if you are keen I highly recommended you to go to their website and watch one of their training video , I left a link below for your references

hope this help