This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the best way to do live interviews online?
12-10-2013, 09:13 PM
What is the best way to do live interviews online?
I am trying to set up a one-time 5-hour event where I can interview several people from around the country at once and have a group discussion between all of us. I want to be able to embed the feed on my website LIVE so viewers can watch and ask questions in a chat.

I have looked into Google Hangouts and learned that the video conferencing capabilities are easy and manageable from the host account, and also allows me to put a lower third name caption on the bottom of the video as someone is speaking. This is GREAT! The bad thing is that when I embed it to my website it is no longer live (starts from the beginning when a user joins in late) and people cannot chat. I have thought about using Twitter and a specific hashtag to allow real-time questions from an audience, but that doesn't help me much if when you embed the video it's no longer live.

I looked into Livestream, and you can embed the chat but can only have the host broadcasting it seems. Is this correct? I know you can have multiple cameras on the studio thing, but can you use cameras from different areas in the country? And how easy is it to set up?

I also looked into Ustream, but it won't let you embed it without paying for a pro account.

Are there any other suggestions? I'm somewhat computer savvy, so if anybody has any code that would make it work, I'd be open to looking into that as well. I wish Facebook had a group video chat plugin...

Mike

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2013, 09:19 PM

If this is the case, mail it immediately after you fill out the form online. 5. Be prepared for a phone interview or an interview in person. If you live far away from the ...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply