This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Understanding Newsfeed on Facebook?
12-11-2013, 01:15 AM
Understanding Newsfeed on Facebook?
When using FB, I understand that whenever i like something or do an update, it will show up on the Newsfeed section on Facebook. I want to create photo albums on my page, however, i do not want them to appear on Newsfeed. I do want my friends to see the pictures (when they go under Photos section) but i don't want "i just created photo album" newsfeed to appear though.

Here is another question:
I know there is a way to disable stuff from appearing on Newsfeed and if i were to disable it temporarily and create my photo album and then go back and activate to allow Newsfeed, will that show the updates that i have done while the the Newsfeed was disabled?

thank you for your input and i hope i didn't confuse anyone Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2013, 01:22 AM

I'm not sure but I think only those things you allow on your Timeline will show up in the Newsfeed. You can change the settings of the whole album to not be on your Timeline and then later change it back, which will put the whole thing as it is at that point on your Timeline. Also, you can go into your Activity Log and select individual photos, etc. and change whether or not they are on your Timeline. This way you can select/deselect individual photos instead of the whole album.

Some of it you can't help...because it depends on what people have selected to show up about you. For instance, you may comment on a page you follow and someone else will see an update that you commented because they are your friend and follow your "likes and comments", even if they don't follow the same page. It's a little too revealing if you ask me, but it is what it is.

I don't know if that helps you or not, but good luck. Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply