This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I deactivated my Facebook but why does my name still show up?
12-11-2013, 03:47 PM
I deactivated my Facebook but why does my name still show up?
I deactivated my Facebook but for some reason my name still shows up in Facebook and people he had me in there friends list can still see my name. How can I completely remove myself from Facebook without my name or anything about me showing?

Thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2013, 03:56 PM

When you deactivate your Facebook, your name is still visible but I don't think anyone can click on your name or view your profile because you no longer have a profile, but Facebook never completely gets rid of it, that's why you're able to reactivate it if wanted. If they didn't, you'd have to go through and create a whole new profile if you wanted back on Facebook. I don't know why, but they keep all the deactivated accounts in like a "drawer" no one can message you or see your stuff because it technically doesn't exsist, but your name will still show up for a WHILE because it's in that "drawer".

Ads

12-11-2013, 04:07 PM

I think Facebook puts a "hold" on your account for 14 days after you deactivated. If you do not reactivate it by the end of that time, your account is gone forever. I assume that your name vanishes at that time too.