This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it illegal for people to go on Facebook and upload a picture of you on another website?
12-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Is it illegal for people to go on Facebook and upload a picture of you on another website?
This happened to me and it's really making me upset. So basically people (they are doing without identification) are uploading pictures of everyone in my town and they are embarrassing ones too. The one they have of me is from Facebook but was taken by my friend and then cropped and uploaded to instagram. I've reported it because I'm sensitive about this and is making me really self conscious. I've deactivated and blocked anyone from viewing my photos on Facebook.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2013, 10:16 PM

No its not

Ads

12-11-2013, 10:19 PM

Did you not make the pic public all by yourself by putting it on facebook? If you don't want the public to see your pic, don't post it.
12-11-2013, 10:35 PM

its not illegal if the pictures were taken or belong to the uploader. unfortunately just because you appear in the picture and you dont like how you appear, doesnt make it illegal for someone else to share the picture

sorry bro, life sucks i know
12-11-2013, 10:42 PM

No its not. U made it public.
I deleted fb 2yrs ago because of the gossip,drama,trouble,and everyone into ur private life. Fb is a bad thing and I'm happy to be free from it.
12-11-2013, 10:47 PM

Yes it is if they dont have ur say so