This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook calls I don't know how help?
12-12-2013, 11:01 PM
Facebook calls I don't know how help?
I was wondering how to set up Facebook calls on and if I can set it up from a iPod touch or do I need a computer for the setup cuz my girlfriend goes to college Monday-Sunday and I won't be able to see her barely any that's y I'm wondering how to set up Facebook calls and if I can do it from a iPod touch or do I have to set it up from my computer? Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2013, 11:07 PM

Facebook recently updated the iOS app to version 5.5, which included the same free calling feature its Messenger app has had for a while now. As with the Messenger version, you're able to place or receive a call over both a Wi-Fi or 3G/LTE connection from your iPhone.

The option to place or receive a call is available only on the iPhone, not on the iPad or Web site (See link 2 below this answer).
placing a call is simple:
1. Launch the Facebook app and view your Messenger contact list.
2. Open a conversation with a contact, then tap in the "i."
3. If the contact is using either the Messenger for iOS app, or the most recent Facebook for iOS app, the "Free Call" button will be highlighted. Tap on the button to make a call.

If the calling option doesn't show for you, make sure to update the app.

Hope this helps you, Good Luck...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply