This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I block my ex on Facebook?
12-14-2013, 03:52 AM
Can I block my ex on Facebook?
We dated 2 years ago for 2 years. Recently he's been popping up on my news feed even though we aren't friends, or I've seen him on other friend's profile's. It's frustrating to me because I used to be in love with him and trusted him more than I should have. It took me 2 years to really admit to myself how much I put him on a pedestal when I deserved better. Even though a part of me still cares about him, when I do think about him, or see him online it makes me angry. The last time I saw him in person we got along fine. I wouldn't be rude to him in person or anything, but I don't need to be reminded of him online.

Is it ridiculous to block him after 2 years? I haven't spoken to him in a year.
I don't want him to get the idea that I'm doing something childish or trying to provoke him.. I also don't want to discourage him from talking to me if he wanted to. I just need to get him out of my head.

It's frustrating how much this is affecting me...
He's been occupying my mind. And I am reminded of all the reasons why I love/hate him. These thoughts have been getting louder.
Wow, thank you so much!!

All of these answers have been very helpful!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2013, 04:03 AM

Yes.

Ads

12-14-2013, 04:06 AM

Just block him, it won't send him a message or anything and even if he does find out he probably won't care if you haven't talked to him in a year so just block him so that your life is better.
12-14-2013, 04:16 AM

Well if it really bothers you that much, than I do feel you should block him, so you don't further upset yourself. But, if you want I also believe you can just change your settings to control what you get on your newsfeed(perhaps you can remove him from your newsfeed). That way, you don't have to be reminded all the time but you still have the ability to contact if you would like. Good luck Smile
12-14-2013, 04:27 AM

I think the best way to get rid from your problem is just to block him from your Facebook. Freedom is your right and you do have rights to avoid things that annoys you.
12-14-2013, 04:33 AM

It is absolutely acceptable for you to have issue with being bombarded by someone you once cared for deeply. In this case you're not running into them in person or anything, but Facebook has a sweet little habit of getting you to obsess over things (products, causes and people) by planting a seed. In this case, the seed in question happens to be flashing repeatedly in your news feed.

Don't feel badly about blocking someone. You can have any reason in the world to do it. In this case you are setting a boundary and allowing yourself the freedom to enjoy your online life without him in it. Would you go to a club every night where you know he would be there? Probably not.
Let the blocking feature of FB serve as the bouncer of your very own. It's your profile, why torture yourself?

https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=blocking

The target of the blocking will never know you did so. For all they know, you no longer have a Facebook. They won't be able to find you or see anything you've tagged or posted, even if it's on someone else's feed. Call it the witness protection program from exes.

I blocked my ex three years ago and continue to do so. They don't deserve to know how you're doing and you don't deserve to feel bad every time you launch Facebook. Even though it's been three years, I started receiving emails from my ex last summer. I have not responded but they keep coming.

Remember that all this time you're wasting worrying about this guy is taking away from things that make you happy. You're wasting invaluable time and energy on a person who is irrelevant now. Get this tiny little speed bump out of the way and you'll be ready to love someone else freely.

If he really wants to talk to you, he will go out of his way to reach you. A silly little thing like social media is not going to stop a man on a mission.

To get truly over someone it is much easier to do it at a distance and when the subject is out of sight. It is comparable to an addiction. If you were a recovering addict, would you spend your time in bars watching other people drink?

Be kind to yourself and do what's right for YOU.

This feeling will pass, sweet one. Remember that.