This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My friend lied about not having Facebook?
12-14-2013, 10:11 AM
My friend lied about not having Facebook?
So last year at school I met a guy and we became fast friends. We talked every other week on Wednesdays and sometimes on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the bus stop. Eventually, when we got to be better friends, I asked if he had Facebook...to which he said no. I dropped it and never bothered to search him up.

Just now though, I did search his name on Facebook. Sure enough, I got a hit. There was one person with his name who had themselves listed as going to the same university as me. The profile picture looked kinda off though, so I thought it might have been someone else. I searched his name in the university directory to see if there was more than one, and there isn't.

At this point, I thought "ok, maybe this guy graduated and isn't a student anymore" and tried to drop it. I went back into Facebook and realized that I never left his profile and before I left, his hometown caught my eye...it's the same as my friend's. A quick scroll down showed that someone with the same name as my friend's brother liked a status. Too coincidental, right?

We never "hooked up" or anything, nor do we plan to. I have his cell phone number and he has mine, and we do text sometimes...including him telling me the other day that he was back in the city and wanted to hang out before things got too hectic at school. I don't feel as though he had any reason to lie to me.

So here's my question...why would he lie to me about something like that? And should I mention it at all? We're hanging out tomorrow so should I mention I found him on Facebook or add him or ask if he has Facebook yet? Or should I let it go?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2013, 10:13 AM

Hmm that's really odd, yeah ask him.. Ask him hey I found you on facebook, you said you didn't have one

Ads

12-14-2013, 10:26 AM

Who cares, it's Facebook. Maybe, like me, (I never even use Facebook) he doesn't think Facebook is that big a deal. If you care that much mention it, but again, it's just Facebook.
12-14-2013, 10:30 AM

eee
12-14-2013, 10:41 AM

Just let it go. One can't expect everyone they run into, wants to add them to their facebook. There should be and there are boundaries. You two aren't even bestest of friends yet.
And besides, he probably doesn't log into facebook in a regular basis. He probably just created his account and rarely logs into it. I mean, I have a facebook acct. and I only go there once a month.
Socializing person to person is much better than all the hoop-la that goes on in facebook.