This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
i need a proxy server that unblocks facebook for my school. Ive tried hundreds and havent had any luck.ANYONE?
12-14-2013, 10:11 PM
i need a proxy server that unblocks facebook for my school. Ive tried hundreds and havent had any luck.ANYONE?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2013, 10:20 PM

Have you tried Tor?

https://www.torproject.org/

Ads

12-14-2013, 10:35 PM

Don't waste your time, even if you find one as soon as the network administrator sees it in use they will add it to the block. Yes they will see it.

If you want to go to sites not permitted on your schools network do it using your own connection.

My office had a block with any site that has words in it on a long list like chat. If anyone tried they got a message that said you have attempted to enter a prohibited site. Then within half an hour the IT person was at our desk wanting to know why. It set off alarms to them from the server.
12-14-2013, 10:42 PM

Here's a question.....Why are you trying to access Facebook while at school? Shouldn't you be busy learning? Can't you live without it for a few hours until you get home again?
If you feel you can't, then it's time to have a good hard look at your priorities in life, and perhaps realise that you have an addiction problem. Yes...people can get addicted to technology, just the same as alcohol or drugs.
The "reward" you get out of seeing people react to your posts can be very powerful. At it's most basic, it's attention-getting, and you would be wise to ask yourself why you need to be connected to something like Facebook ALL day. Your world will not collapse if you don't have access to it for a while, I promise.
Try actually talking to people while at school, instead of texting everyone. Look them in the eye and connect that way. Give 'em a hug if they're your best friend. (possibly not if you're a guy, lol!)
Tell them they're awesome! Thank them for something that did for you. Talk!
At the end of the day, that connection will mean more than any emoticon ever can.

Make sure technology is your slave, not your master. Smile
12-14-2013, 10:50 PM

Try http://www.proxyvideo.net, works on my campus.