This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Friend Request question...don't know if just refused or if problem with Facebook?
12-15-2013, 01:54 AM
Friend Request question...don't know if just refused or if problem with Facebook?
So I added 8 people (I know all of them) and 4 accepted. When I went on one of the other person's pages who had not yet accepted to check if they had accepted, it said "add friend" - there was no "friend request sent". So, then I went on the other three people's pages and the same thing was displayed!

Then I went into my timeline and it said who I had become friends with recently AND also "X has sent a friend request to Y" (somebody who just happens to not have accepted me yet). However, it was not listed on my timeline that I had sent friend requests to the other people (who had not added me yet)...does this mean that they didn't accept the request? Or that they just didn't receive it? Should it come up on my timeline that I sent a friend request to someone even if they refused it??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2013, 02:06 AM

Out of sudden there comes X & Y, and the rest, I understand vaguely what are trying to say, so I'll try my best.

When you visit someone's Timeline, someone that you sent friend request, and you see "Add Friend" button, it means they declined your request.
As 4 out of 8 declined you, slow down on sending new friends request, as FB will count that and if exceed certain 'secret' amount within 'secret' period of time, you might get blocked from sending new friend request.

In your Timeline, ie in Recent Activity, you'll see who are your new friends, FB don't inform who declined you anywhere.

To see who you sent friend request & who you're friend with (and the when), you should click your Activity Log that is on your Cover Photo in your Timeline ➤ click MORE on left column ➤ click Friends ➤ there you are, all your friendship information, except for other's declining your friend request, and who unfriend or block you.

Hopefully this give you enough information regarding 'friends' in FB.

Ads

12-15-2013, 02:07 AM

hi
12-15-2013, 02:18 AM

When you add a person and it goes back to "Add Friend" again, it means they declined your request otherwise it would still say "friend request sent" until they do something about it.

If someone does decline your request, don't add them again. You could send them an email though explaining why you've added them and maybe they will allow you to add them again.
12-15-2013, 02:32 AM

They declined it. I had a friend who did the same to me. I sent them a friend request, they went online, accepted SOME requests, and deleted mine. They are just idiots who don't wanna be your friend. It's their loss.