This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook making me a jealous, unhappy person?
12-15-2013, 10:08 PM
Facebook making me a jealous, unhappy person?
Hi all -

I have an issue that has been bothering me for a while. Every time I go on facebook, I always leave the page angry or jealous. All of my friends are getting new jobs or cars or moving to great cities, going on vacations, or getting engaged/married, having kids, kids hitting milestones... and I feel like I'm just here... the same. Single, dating the same guy I have for the past 2.5 years, the same job I've had for 2 years, went on a small vacation but nothing huge... I feel like everyone else has it all but me.

For example, a college friend I haven't spoken to in over a year recently was a bridesmaid in a wedding and posted pictures. I don't even know the brides (it was a same-sex wedding) but I just automatically hated these two women because they were getting married and I'm nowhere close to it. And I KNOW that's not fair. I really have come to despise how bitter I've become towards other people's success/accomplishments/happiness.

I've tried to stop going on facebook alltogether, but the hate is like a drug, I can't stop!

What can I do to stop it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2013, 10:09 PM

I've tried to stop going on facebook alltogether, but the hate is like a drug, I can't stop!
The above is the problem deactivate the account and seek counseling

Ads

12-15-2013, 10:23 PM

What can I say "ignorance is bliss". And always remember there are both kinds of people around us : The more successful ones and the ones we are better than. As a matter of fact we tend to look at only the ones better than us and envy them.

When ever u start comparing urself with them : Just remember - "Every person has his own path of life and no two paths are alike. Every situation in our lives leads to our density and happens for our own good." Hope this makes you feel better.

The problem you mentioned is everyone's problem. I am sure the people who you envy and feel jealous for are envying others and are equally unhappy and angry as you. Smile