This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do teachers know what you post on facebook?!?
12-16-2013, 04:54 AM
How do teachers know what you post on facebook?!?
Okey so at my school i dont know how they do it but its freaky, some kids were getting in trouble because of stuff they comment on or post on facebook regarding the school or other classmates, my question is how do they find out? One of my teachers always says "no matter how private facebook is if you put something inapropriate, we will find out" and that kinda scares me...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2013, 05:09 AM

First of all, they have no way to view anything about your profile as long as you set Facebook to hide it from visitors, who are not your friends.

Second of all, Facebook has absolutely NO relevance to a classroom in any way, and it never has or will.

Thirdly, those teachers should be taken into court rooms for harassing and possibly stalking, even endangering the lives of children because of something they were doing that had no relevance to any of their responsibilities behind the desk.

Talk to your principle, your parents, and if necessary, a lawyer.

Ads

12-16-2013, 05:23 AM

If you dont want them on your facebook. Make a nee account, change your name so its not your real name like mines "alisha greene" i would change it to "ayoo alisha toocute" and dont log in from school. School has a ip address so what ever you look up on there internet they can check it out. And if you use your real name on facebook all they have to do is search.
12-16-2013, 05:37 AM

Learn to use the privacy settings.

If all your posts are "public", then anybody, even people without Facebook accounts, can see them. If you post to "friends and friends of friends", and one of your friends has added one of the faculty members as a "friend", then your statuses will be visible. Furthermore, if one of your friends shares your "friends only" status and their privacy setting is set to "public", you are again exposed.

Best way to protect yourself is to REFRAIN FROM POSTING anything offensive in the first place. The private thoughts you TELL to a small group of friends is completely different to the private thoughts you POST online to the same group of friends.

Everything you post online stays online for an indefinite period of time; people can dig up your past far more easily from what you post on Facebook than what you have discussed in private with your friends. Once you have clicked that "Share" button, you can hardly control the written proof of your thoughts, because other people may not have your best interest at heart, even for what seems like an innocent thought. It can snowball into something a lot bigger when others recklessly share or save your posts, even as screenshots.