This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can you deactivate you Facebook account as many times as you want?
12-16-2013, 08:35 AM
Can you deactivate you Facebook account as many times as you want?
There was a time last year, where I kept deactivating my Facebook account and then reactivating it not long after, then one day when I tried to reactivate it, it told me to wait 24 hours before I can actually get back on it again.

Why does this happen? And it what circumstances does this happen?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2013, 08:41 AM

yes

Ads

12-16-2013, 08:53 AM

It doesn't always happen like that. The Facebook Team might interpret that you are playing with it and block it for a certain time. For some of my exams I deactivated for a while and than afterwards it worked fine
12-16-2013, 09:04 AM

You can deactivate it and deactivate it as many times as you like (my sister does it whenever she has exams). The reason Facebook blocked you was because the activity seemed unusual. It interpreted that you might be a hacker or not the owner of the account and blocked you to protect you within that period. Just wait to deactivate it only when you want and wait to deactivate it only when you want, so you're not messing with the security controls.
12-16-2013, 09:10 AM

Facebook, records your IPs from which you are sending such requests to activate or deactivate. If the IPs change, FB would put your account on hold for 24 hours. As for them it would be a suspicious activity. FB would not be able to know if its really you genuinely making these requests. It detects changes only through your IPs. Its normal.