This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to manage Facebook friend list?
12-16-2013, 11:45 AM
How to manage Facebook friend list?
I never use the privacy settings so unsure how they work so I have a question:

My example is that on a friends page I can see most of the posts or at least what I am allowed to see. But I no longer get notified when this person posts or even messages me or posts on my page from this person. I also can no longer see any activity this person does (likes, posts, comments) except posts I think I am "allowed" to see. My posts on this persons page can only be seen by me but no one on the persons list.

Is this from my settings or other persons settings or both? Basically I want to put my settings to match what this other person has. So does this mean I am on the restricted list or can this be done with a global type setting or is this a modified aquaintence setting?
Thank you Dennis. Buthere is the thing. I don't have anyone checked for newsfeed. So that does not answer why I am half blocked and why am I the only one that can see My posts on the persons page? Seems there must be a few things going on.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2013, 11:59 AM

Click on the friends name. On their page click on friend. Make sure in the newsfeed is checked. That should do itl

Ads

12-16-2013, 12:13 PM

When your post on others' Timeline can only be seen by you & him only, it means he set that only he who can see what others post on his Timeline, you can't do anything about it. You know this also if you don't see anybody else's post in his Timeline.

When you don't see any update from him in your Newsfeed,
1. go to his Timeline ➤ click Friends ➤ make sure "Show in Newsfeed" is tick;
➤ check Setting (just under Show in Newsfeed), tick anything you want to see from him in your Newsfeed.
2. don't put him in your Aquaintance list, as it means you get less of his updates in your Newsfeed;
3. if you only see his public (globe icon) post & involvement, that means you're in his Restrictic List, to which you can do nothing.

If you want to see more of his activity (as far as you're not excluded by him in his Custom Audience Setting or when he put you in his Restricted list), put him in your Close friend list.