This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
On Facebook, can people see who you shared/hidden your status update from?
12-17-2013, 10:48 AM
On Facebook, can people see who you shared/hidden your status update from?
I have noticed when scrolling through the newsfeed, if you hover your mouse over someone's privacy setting on their status update, a pop-up box shows you the names of the people it was hidden or shared with. For example: hovering over the "person" icon will say "Joe shared this with friends". If the icon is a "gear", it will say "Joe hid this from Mark, Amy, (Etc..). In addition, they are the names of people you may or may not know regardless of any privacy settings. What is the point of a privacy setting if people can see what you have it set as, as well as the names of those included or was hidden from??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2013, 10:51 AM

Good points, I wondered it myself, Facebook sometimes do ridiculous things. Sometimes, if it gear icon, it doesn't show anything beneath, sometimes it do show the names. I guess that's the stupid programmer, need to be corrected. You'd better give feedback to Facebook, they might not aware of this.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply