This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Social anxiety and Facebook?
12-17-2013, 04:53 PM
Social anxiety and Facebook?
I can't stand facebook, instagram, twitter, tumblr, etc. anymore. But worst of all facebook. I get so jealous of people that get like 100 to 300+ likes on their profile pictures. I feel worthless and hated by the world because I don't get that many likes on mine. Sounds stupid I know, but it's humiliating that I look so unpopular on facebook, and that I don't have many friends or a life because I'm never tagged in photos. I don't want to deal with it anymore but I don't want to give up and quit. I don't know what to do, I always get anxiety and avoid checking my facebook, then when I do I get like 1 notification in a week and it's an invite to some rave by someone I was in a dance class with 6 years ago. I just hate that some people look so popular and that must make them feel powerful and secure, and I look so unpopular and that makes me feel really powerless and insecure. Is there anything I can do to be more popular on facebook in terms of profile pics likes? Instagram is easy because it could be strangers, facebook is purely just people you went to school with, etc. Help, I'm feeling desperate here!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2013, 05:07 PM

are u Hungarian?
have hobbies, and post interesting stuff about that

Ads

12-17-2013, 05:18 PM

upload slutty pics
12-17-2013, 05:21 PM

All facebook will do is add to Social Anxiety. But you also have to remember the lives people post on FB aren't their real lives...only how they WANT themselves to be percieved. Its all carefull calculated and chosen to portray a specific image. But in my case...I have nothing to do with FB. I avoid anything to do with it.
12-17-2013, 05:36 PM

It's okay your not alone I dont use mine for those reasons and at least you don't have 'friends' on facebook that care more about their sex life or money other than my status that I put about staying up for three straight hours talking someone out of suicide.
12-17-2013, 05:38 PM

Wth? Girl, it's only a website it's not real life! And i know as a teenager fb is like really important but in the future when you have a family and all that, none of this will matter. You need to wake up to reality. You can't just hate on life just because of a stupid social website. You are better than that! Pull yo self together!! Likes on fb are just nothing.
12-17-2013, 05:52 PM

Haha, I thought I was the only one that had that problem.

Don't worry, it's not just you. I hate using social sites. They aren't fun unless you are incredibly popular. Otherwise, they are boring and pointless. Facebook expecially. It's very user unfriendly and has no uses other than looking at other peoples ridiculous statuses that have way more likes than they deserve.

I'm not sure I understand your question though. What do you need help with? Becoming more popular? Not sure how, it's a mystery to me too. Do you want to add me?