This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can i persuade my parents to get facebook?
12-18-2013, 01:12 AM
How can i persuade my parents to get facebook?
Hey im 13. I would really like facebook cause everyone in my class has it and i dont, they keep asking me when im going to get it and at one point my friend tried to make an account for me. My parents dont really want me to get it because they think it causes issues and arguements. Im too scared to ask them if i can get it. Any tips?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2013, 01:21 AM

Your parents are kind of right; so many unnecessary issues arise from Facebook. It's one of those things that you can actually live without, but once you have it you can't let it go. I'm 17 and a couple of my friends don't have it, and they're fine with it Smile but if you really want one - because it is a nice way to connect with friends and family - you could talk to your parents about how everyone you know has one, and perhaps say that they could have access to your account as well. Good luck Smile

Ads

12-18-2013, 01:22 AM

Facebook can be very dangerous. People get in trouble all the time for things that find its way onto facebook, they get suspended or even fired. Even if you are careful, hackers can access your information from it or people you know could post things that can get you in trouble.

The best way to convince your parents is to tell them that you are going to be very careful with your privacy settings. Facebook seems very tempting but identity theft is the fastest growing crime in the world.
12-18-2013, 01:25 AM

facebook is waste of time and its really not necessary for your age u have access to internet lot of fun stuff to do than facebook

hope this helps have a nice day kid Smile
12-18-2013, 01:32 AM

Just Sit Down With Them Have a Talk With them About it Tell Them you Are Old Enough Now to Get a Facebook you Will Use Facebook Responsibly and Safely you Will Only Friend People you Know you Will Not Friend Strangers And There is Lots of Privacy Settings That you Can Apply that Can Protect your Information

And if They Have a Facebook Tell them you Will Friend them So They can See What your Up To

Hope That Helps