This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why does the new yahoo mail suck?
12-18-2013, 09:30 PM
why does the new yahoo mail suck?
1: I can no longer hit a "select all" button to delete all the garbage that the spam filter doesn't catch that gets to my inbox. So now I have to pain painstakingly click 110 messages one by one.. thanks yahoo.. this "new" mail is so much "better"...
2: I see yahoo kinda brought back the highlighted message line when its clicked.. why did you ever get rid of it?? and why is it at like 50% opacity? can you put it back to like 90 or 100% so I can see which ones are clicked and which ones aren't more easily?
3: sharing your personal information from your computer for focused ads... oh boy. so when you search for that one 3 stooges DVD for your dad on that 1 fathers day where you feel he should get a gift, be prepared for 8 months of banner ads for 3 stooges mugs and t shirts... not to mention yahoo mining your personal computer to find out what you like to "help" you.. get better ads.. seriously? help me get better ads?.. think about that sentence. what makes you think I want to be sold anything to begin with? what makes you think I have money to buy? thanks again yahoo..
4: the "new" mail is so advanced you still cant open things in new tabs.. it actually has less features then yahoo mail circa 2005.. amazing. it has its own little sub tag menu kinda on top.. if you notice it. but you are forced to look at the message you clicked right away, so it pretty much takes away the whole point of tab technology.. hint: the whole point of tabs is someone can open 5 messages real quick in separate tabs without looking at them at all and then go back and read them later.. when it makes sense.. having to look at everything you click on right away takes away the whole point of having tabs...
5: words are for losers and those who dont like wasting time or making mistakes, click on random symbols until you find the one that does what you want.. click the arrow to reply. no wait thats the other arrow to forward.. wow.. this new yahoo mail is so advanced... The arrow pointing left is to reply and the one pointing to the right is to forward. so much better than a reply or forward button. I mean It must have taken a real genius to change "reply" to an arrow symbol in the page code.. I'm so glad you wasted labor hours on that.. how many meetings did it take before you came up with this revolutionary and horrible concept.. adding java to a reply button... really?
6: your in box is like a black hole. It has no end.. It just keeps scrolling like a horribly unimportant facebook wall post.. depressing really. can you bring the pages back?? I mean one could choose how much messages they wanted per page from 25 to 5000.. or infinity I guess, if for some silly reason you'd want that.. seems better for the user to have the choice..no? which brings me back to #1 can I get the "select all" button back please? Its like 1996 clicking all these messages 1 by 1.

I've had yahoo mail since 1996 before spam mail existed, back when it was 2 megs of space..
yahoo mail was the 1st free email then the 1st free email with 2 megs of space. then 5megs then 10 megs for a long time to 25 shortly to unlimited.. tho I've never needed more than 5.. but still thanks for pioneering free email.
the yahoo messenger was also always better and way ahead of its competitor AOL
with video and audio capabilities back in 2003.
But now.. forcing people to an inferior product is just abysmal.. and not very yahoo..
in fact its more like MSN.. Sad
you've taken the 3 features that made sense and done away with them...
who thought that would be a good idea??
who's in charge at yahoo these days?? you tryin to be hip?
dont bother its email. nothing hip about that. In fact I'm surprised people even still use it. keep it simple, cause thats what people want. nothing special, I want to check mail read and move on.. anything extra just slows down the experience and will annoy users.. I have yahoo news when I leave mail if i wanna read and yahoo weather to see what its like before I *gasp* go outside off my computer for the day.
keep yahoo mail, mail. simple mail... thanks..

I guess the real question is how can I bring my problems up to someone who might actually be able to help fix this disaster they call the "new" yahoo mail??

Actually If they fixed those 3 main things it would be fine.. but without them its like a car with no tires.

sadly I see myself opening a Gmail account soon which is just black and white text.. nice and simple.. and I hear the messages highlight when you click them so you dont accidentally delete the wrong one! wow.. they must have some college grads over there working on it..
dear yahoo, please do not make me go over to Gmail after almost 2 decades of good yahoo service and memories.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2013, 09:39 PM

Step 1.
Use gmail

Ads

12-18-2013, 09:51 PM

Fight! Complain! Protest!
There is a workaround while we fight for Yahoo to realize they should not force us to change, and/or let those who have changed return to Classic. Follow the directions in this YouTube video https://twitter.com/marissamayer and please spread the word about the petition and the workaround.

If we unite and fight, maybe Yahoo will listen. I'm totally with you---Yahoo was my very first email account. I first signed up 5 years before I even owned a computer! I've loved and championed it ever since. I've paid for premium services for maybe 10 years now. So this is the thanks I get? Let us have our Classic back!
12-18-2013, 10:05 PM

Please don't give up on the new Yahoo mail. The new version was too hard for me (too old) to learn all over again.
I subscribed every January for 15 years.
I thought about Gmail, Hot-mail, etc, but decided to try the "Basic" Version. It isn't as "fancy" as our old Classic version, but using it is very much like the Classic version. Hang in there..