This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did Zack Zuckerberg creat facebook and become a billioniar?
12-19-2013, 01:35 PM
How did Zack Zuckerberg creat facebook and become a billioniar?
So i was just think how he created facebok and became a billioniar. why did he become a billioniar. how did he become rich. I am confused because i know that every one has a facebook account and stuff but its free to make a facebook account. so how do they earn money by giving out free accounts and stuff. and someone told me that they get money by advertising. but i dont think a lot of people would buy that many products or go on the ad or anything. so i am dtill confused. tell me everything to know about the guy and facebook and how they make money.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2013, 01:43 PM

Because he is not an idiot that doesnt know how to spell "billionaire" and have you heard of something called advertisements?

Ads

12-19-2013, 01:57 PM

Hi there...

You're asking about Mark Zuckerberg, not Zach. Zuckerberg became a billionaire because he owns 20% of facebook stock which is valued at around 100B in total market capitalization. It's paper wealth for the most part and depends mostly on the stock price of the company.

As for Facebook's revenues, most of their money comes from advertising as you said. They are paid to show advertisements irrespective of whether anyone actually buys what's being advertised. Obviously if no one buys what someone is advertising, they won't continue to pay Facebook to put up their ads, but apparently some people do or they wouldn't keep paying them to show ads.
12-19-2013, 01:58 PM

Aside from his genius idea of creating a phenomenal social media site, he knows how to follow through and he knows who to hire. Facebook has a super CEO Sheryl Sandberg who manages the operations of facebook so that it runs smoothly as we enjoy it now.
I think facebook earns from ads as well.
12-19-2013, 02:01 PM

watch The Social Network
12-19-2013, 02:10 PM

he just stole the idea from Tom from myspace, who stole the idea from the dude who created friendster
12-19-2013, 02:17 PM

Hi Alex: good to hear from you. There is a movie called Social Network that tells about how faceblook got started. so go watch that.
Facebook actually tracks everything that you do on its site. everything you click on, every word that you type, they know it. and so they are able, over time, to build a profile of you are, and they know the things that interest you. so now that means they can charge advertisers more, because the ad is not seen by everyone, it is seen only by a "target" group that the advertisers wants. so lets say the company is selling skateboards, they might only want to hit males between age 12 to 24 wtih their ad. facebook is able to do that.
If you want to chat on facebook I have an account there under grandpa_john@gmx.com