This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I make my birthday private on Facebook?
12-19-2013, 03:23 PM
How do I make my birthday private on Facebook?
I want to make my birthday private on Facebook, I think I have it set correctly, but I just want to check...
I went to update info, and under "Basic Information" and I have it set as "Don't show my birthday on my timeline". I'm not sure if that means it just doesn't show it, but I want it so that on my actual birthday no one knows it's my birthday? So like for example, when it's someones birthday you're friends with on the top of your News Feed it says "Today is [insert name here]'s Birthday!" I don't want it to say that for, I want it to be hidden.
If I don't have it set already, how do I do that?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2013, 03:38 PM

Hope you will find what you are looking for.

Follow url

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...504AAfasQO

Ads

12-19-2013, 03:43 PM

What you did is enough to hide your birthday from anyone.
If you are still not convinced, go to your timeline. Over the cover page, beside the "message" option you will see a cog with a drop down menu under it. Click on it and go to the link "View As". When you go there it will show you how your public profile shows. On top, you will see an option "Specific Person". Click there and insert the name of any friend that have full access to your timeline. Then go to "About" section. You will see that that specific person cannot see your birthday.