This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what does the top of your facebook friends list represent?
12-20-2013, 01:54 AM
what does the top of your facebook friends list represent?
Is it in order of who you look at the most, or who looks at you the most, or both? Mine changes between a few people even when i haven't looked at anyone else in a while.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2013, 01:55 AM

Facebook does not publicize the algorithm they use to sort your friends on the front of your timeline, but there definitely is an algorithm of some kind. I&#x27;ve done some trial and error after someone suddenly shot up my list and I wondered if she was looking at my profile. So, I chose a friend I hadn&#x27;t spoken to in a long time, who I had very little in common with by Facebook terms ... Music, movies, etc. I went to her profile for two or three consecutive days and looked at some pictures. Sure enough, she shot up my list pretty fast. I think it definitely has something to do with who you look at. I also think it&#x27;s pretty certain likes, comments, and messages factor in. As for whether THEIR views play a role... I don&#x27;t know. Maybe have one of your friends purposefully look at you for a few days and see if they rise on the list.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply