This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
can i get ip-banned from facebook by making a fake account on facebook (for very good reasons)?
12-21-2013, 03:10 AM
can i get ip-banned from facebook by making a fake account on facebook (for very good reasons)?
yes, so here's the story, i am brony (no hate about that) and i want to meet local bronies by joining fb groups. now here's the problem i have; i don't want non-bronies to find out soooo i want to make a fake profile. with a hide name and then add bronies and join groups etc. when i know i can trust them i want to give them my real fb (i'm going to tell them the truth from the start ofcourse that the hiding name aint the real name) i'm fine that the fake account gets banned but can other users (like my sister and parents) get banned from facebook? like a total IP ban and not only the account and can i get in other big trouble?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2013, 03:21 AM

I'm not sure if it's technically not allowed as in stated in their rules, but people get away with celebrity impersonator and fictional character profiles and not be banned, so I'm sure you'll be fine. I mean, it's not like it adversely affects anyone. Heck, all it does for Facebook is to expose its advertising to you twice as much, which I'm sure they won't mind. Besides, how would they know you aren't real? They aren't going to send someone to your house to verify you're John Doe if you say you are.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply