This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Both Facebook AND Instagram not letting me sign in? Suspicious?
12-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Both Facebook AND Instagram not letting me sign in? Suspicious?
Last night I tried to go on my Instagram (I have an iPhone) and it immediately signed me out and told me to sign in with a computer on their website, so I did. It asked me for my first and last name, date of birth, and email. So I provided this info and clicked next. On the next page it asked for me to upload a government-issued photo ID. I wasn't comfortable with this so I just kinda left Instagram and tried reopening it later. Same thing happened. It stated that if I didn't upload it, that my Instagram would be shut down and I couldn't restore it.

This morning I went on Facebook. I was signed out. It asked me for name, date of birth, and email once again, so I entered it. Then it said I'd receive an email for the next step of the "security checkpoint". I still haven't received an email.

I can't sign in to either!!
Instagram was officially bought by Facebook yesterday so that probably has something to do with it.
Anyone having the same problems? Or advice? Should I try contacting them? None of my friends or people I know are having this problem.

Thanks Sad

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2013, 01:40 PM

The exact same thing happened to me, and i emailed Instagram, no response yet. I'm pretty angry about this, and I think that maybe it's a hacker or something, because I don't think that instagram would ask for a photo ID/passport or anything like that.

Ads

12-22-2013, 01:51 PM

THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!! its so frustrating. i'm about to email instagram right now.! if you guys hear anything could you let me know! thanks
12-22-2013, 01:59 PM

Something happen to me I hope gets fix
12-22-2013, 02:06 PM

I'm having the same problem trying to sign into FB on my Mac and iPhone and my daughter had the same thing happen about 2 hrs before me on her iPod Touch trying to log into Instagram. What is this "Checkpoint" crap?? Sounds like the Gestapo to me!! It might be a blessing in disguise as I spend too much time on Facebook anyways and never talk on the phone with friends/family the way I used to! So much for "social media!"
12-22-2013, 02:08 PM

I am having the SAME problem!
12-22-2013, 02:10 PM

Same thing with me, this is not okay!! I am very angry
12-22-2013, 02:15 PM

Same thing is happening to me!
But my son is ok.

A bit worrying, really!

OK!!!!! GOT AN email and Its said.

We apologize for any inconvenience, but the only way we will be able to reopen this account is if you submit a color image of your government-issued photo ID confirming your full name and date of birth.

If you do not have a government-issued photo ID, we will accept a copy of a photo ID (ex: work or school ID) and a copy of a government-issued document verifying your name and age (ex: a birth certificate). We will permanently delete these documents after we resolve your issue.

Please visit http://www.facebook.com from a computer and log into your account. You will then be asked to submit your ID.
Thanks,

SO! Now what?????
12-22-2013, 02:17 PM

Having the same problem with both...no email from FB and changed my password 4 times on Instgram....but it's still not letting me in.
But Thanks for writing so I know it's not just my account.
maybe you all wan to write to support@instagram.com so they fix and realize there is problem.
12-22-2013, 02:23 PM

Same thing is happening to me Sad would love to know what is going on.