This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Facebook account was randomly locked?
12-22-2013, 08:19 PM
My Facebook account was randomly locked?
Today, I was just browsing Facebook when my account was randomly signed out, and than said that my account was locked due to safety issues. I know no body at the moment that would try to hack me, but I'v been doing some research and this has been happening to other Facebook users also lately. I'm just very paranoid if I'm ever going to get my account back.
When I did the ID security check, I'v done it twice so far and both end up leading me to an error page.
Good news. My account was finally unlocked after about an hour and a half. Good luck to everyone else still struggling with this faulty. It was honestly not that bad to not be able to go on Facebook. I realized how dependent I was on it. Still's good to have a little break from it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2013, 08:27 PM

you mite try running a virus scan on what you are using and if bno problem go to yahoo and log in thru your yahoo acct. good look

Ads

12-22-2013, 08:43 PM

just how many you know have access to your devices? who would be trying to log in?

?

remember to not share info, not store it or have your browser automatically remember info for you either.

always keep those passwords fresh and only yours.

IF this was a legitimate notification.

there's other reasons why you account may be inaccessible, i had that a couple of times when i refused to give out my personal information to fb.

i soon allowed access to my mobile, which fb wanted then i closed the account and opened a new one.

but, do everything you can to ensure you're the only one on your computers, phones, mobile devices and such... be the only one with the info. don't store anything on your machines.

also, tips of advice.. never use your real name, never upload raw images... try to keep your opinions safe and change that password frequently.

sure that sucks but if you wish to enjoy the portal you gotta make some sacrifices to protect you, especially if you lose the account to someone who will do what they can to libel you using it.
12-22-2013, 08:49 PM

there's a page that facebook posts explaining the reasons for getting your account locked out and what you can do:

https://www.facebook.com/help/search/?q=...ily+locked

make sure the url of what you're looking at is correct (and that the button's url link is doesn't go to something weird). you can see that the address should be something like http://www.facebook.nu.r/ or something odd like that, it's likely a virus site and not facebook at all

facebook DOES lock people out intermittently (and seemingly randomly), and they very much want extra information to verify you. some of you may be ok with that, but i'll be damned if i'm going to give them my phone number.

remember, the primary use for us using facebook is to connect to friends and family to keep in touch with what's going on in our lives. the primary purpose for facebook offering the service is to collect data which it sells to other companies to monitor who we are, what our activities are, where we live, all the ways to contact us, and who we are connected with... so those other companies can better market to us. also they give that info to the NSA and law enforcment too. so we as a society now ELECT to be monitored and sold to...

if you're ok with that, then the quickest and best way to get back in is to give them your phone number. if you're phone number was ever used for another account though, you will remain locked out.
12-22-2013, 08:53 PM

How did you get your account unlocked? please help me
12-22-2013, 09:05 PM

same problem, same error. lets play the waiting game now.