This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cant login to Facebook; identity theft?
12-23-2013, 06:19 AM
Cant login to Facebook; identity theft?
I got this message when I tried to login to my facebook account.----

Please Verify Your Identity
It looks like your account might not be real. Facebook is a community where people share and interact using their real identities.
Facebook does not allow accounts that:
Pretend to be someone else
Use a fake name
Don't represent a real person
In order to regain access to your account, please complete the following security check to verify your identity and help keep Facebook secure.

What is causing me to get this message? It says I need to have a cell phone to verify my account. I dont have a cell phone. It says to upload a state ID if I cant give phone number. I am giving up......Its too much!

Will it ever let me login? If I dont give phone number,etc..what are they gonna do with my account? I did not do anything wrong to have this happen. I dont understand.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2013, 06:22 AM

did you create more than one account, use a fake name, lie about your age, or pretend to be a celebrity?

all of these things are against the rules

Ads

12-23-2013, 06:32 AM

Usually it's to do with your name. I got the same message when I originally tried to set up a business name on Facebook, not realising it had to be linked to a legitimate named account.

If you have an unusual or uncommon name, or if you are abbreviating it, try putting a 'placeholder' name like 'John' or 'Jane' instead (or something closer to your actual name).

It's a good idea anyway so that random people can't find you so easily on Facebook.