This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should i get facebook?
12-24-2013, 11:37 AM
Should i get facebook?
Okay im i'm 16 and all my friends have facebook
they are all urging me to get it
should i??
my parents are against it as they don't trust it and don't know much about it
i want to get it but is there any point
whats the point of it
will uni's judge me negatively if i have one
what do you think?
thank you and sorry if this makes no sense

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2013, 11:53 AM

trust me get it just dont tell your parents about it and if they have it then block them thats what i do xxx

Ads

12-24-2013, 12:05 PM

If you have enough friends (atleast a 100 people) then yeah it might be fun.
Don't get too addicted to it though
12-24-2013, 12:11 PM

FB makes no sense and is a bad idea all the way around
12-24-2013, 12:28 PM

I kind of regret getting Facebook because its kind of addictive at times. Maybe you should wait until you are like 18.
12-24-2013, 12:43 PM

Okay I had Facebook from the age of 16, due to my family disapproving at 16 my mum said it was okay.

A word of advice Facebook caused me nothing but problems, people ranting about other people, bullying as well as gossipping. Do not follow the crowd if you want Facebook then go for it cause you want it. Realistically most people spend a lot of time on Facebook seeing what's happened every few minutes nothing will have happened to spying on old enemies/exes (This will make you upset).

The point of Facebook is to connect everybody to their friends or people they want to add too be able to see what they like, pictures they post, who is with who, the gossip and who have they not added.

Universities may look at your profile to see if you are a suitable candidate, beware if you post things that could make you look bad in a negative light they may change there view of your application same goes for employers. Recently there was an article on one of the newspaper sites were a teaching assistant was laid off due to a picture she put up on Facebook. (I can't remember the full details but if you google it should come up)

Not being on Facebook you have a lot of free-time pursue something you like take up a hobby and your academic studies will hopefully improve. You do not get involved in all the latest drama, no cyber bullying and over all you will have continued to do something most teens will never have done not joined the whole social media epidemic.

I've not been on any social media site for nearly 7 months and I have no plans on ever going back, I'm happier as a person plus my work has improved.

The only site I would advice not to join is ask.fm due to bullying and people being able to post things without having their names revealed. I have never been on this site but from numerous friends and articles it is a risk for bullying.

Good luck! Smile
12-24-2013, 12:56 PM

No you shouldn't.
But if you really want to, don't go talking to any creepy dudes.
12-24-2013, 12:59 PM

"whats the point of it"

None, unless you want to end up with a load of grief and being cyber bullied.

Obviously your parents read the news [and you don't] about the abuse on ALL
the social networks to the point of kids taking their own lives over the bullying.

Your parents are doing nothing more than trying to protect you from it.