This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how can i make my fb completely private?!?
12-26-2013, 08:55 AM
how can i make my fb completely private?!?
i noticed they changed the privacy options...again. i cant seem to find an option that hides my profile from everyone. the only option i can choose to keep people from looking me up is "friends of friends" or "everyone" theres no "only friends". i find this really annoying as im getting constant friend requests from random guys on fb that are on my friends lists. how can i go completely invisible!!! from EVERYONE!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2013, 08:59 AM

I'm a bit confuse with your question.

Everyone one FB can see your profile, your profile pic & your cover pic that's for sure; for the rest, it's you who define what they are able to see by setting the audience for each info, post, tagged, pic overthere.

There's no looking up as Friends of Friends or Everyone for that, you must talk about other setting, what is it? It's seems like that's the options for who can send you friend request, which is of course that's the logical option.

If you mean by who can send you message, there's no that kind of choice, it's either Basic or Strict Filtering. So what are you talking about, please clarify.
As for who can send you message, the fact is, now everyone can send you message, that's the big difference than before.

Ads

12-26-2013, 09:09 AM

Hi, it is easy but some little bit time consuming. To make your whole profile private you just have to go to the settings (from where you log out)
then you have to click on "privacy settings".
then you have to choose all options (e.g. Who can see my stuff?) and through edit you have to chose "only me".
then the next step is to go to "security". and do all the things again.
thirdly you have to click your profile picture and click on options and click on edit and choose "only me".
fourth go to picture albums and through edit choose "only me".
the last i suggest you that you should not put your private pic on the cover because you can't make it private. thanks.