This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I convince my parents to let me get Facebook?
12-27-2013, 12:01 PM
How do I convince my parents to let me get Facebook?
I'm 14 and my mum has it, but she won't let me have it. All my friends have it and I feel left out. I want to use it to catch up with friends I hardly see. Also my parents will kill me if I make an account without their permission! I have asked numerous times and all I get is a no. Please help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2013, 12:14 PM

tell them your family have facebook also. and they probley do =)

Ads

12-27-2013, 12:17 PM

The first step is to find out why they won't let you get a Facebook account. Perhaps you can ask them why you can't have one instead of asking them whether you can have one. Is it because they're afraid that your grades would slip? Are they afraid of the types of people you could meet online? Is it because they think that you're irresponsible?

If they don't tell you the reason, then try to figure it out yourself. What have you done to make them wary of giving you a Facebook account? If you were a parent, why would you not let your child have a Facebook account.

The next step is to put their minds at ease. For example, you could say,"Mom, I promise (keep to it) that my grades won't slip if I get a Facebook account." Or something like that.

Next, list the benefits of having a Facebook account. If your parents are like mine, then you'll need 10 reasons as to why you need a Facebook account. Try to find as many benefits as possible and try to counter their arguments.

Be responsible around them. Volunteer to chores, do well in school etc. Once you have gained their trust, they will comply more easily to what you have to say.

If they still say no, don't keep bugging them. Just leave them be for a few days and maybe after that you can ask them again polietly if they are in a GOOD MOOD.

Be mature when you ask them and do not whine if things do not go your way!

I hope that this has helped you!

Cheers,

Jally Big Grin