This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook: suspicious account login. Someone's trying to use my facebook from another country?
12-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Facebook: suspicious account login. Someone's trying to use my facebook from another country?
Okay, so I checked my emails earlier and I had a legit email from Facebook saying someone had tried to use my account from a different location. I go onto facebook (by browser not by link in email) and get the same message. It showed me a map of where it was used and it was used in a place called Taipei (somewhere near Vietnam) WHAT THE HELL?! I live like on the other side of the world! So I followed all the instructions and changed my password and told facebook I didn't recognise this location. Has anyone had this happen before? I know it wasn't a scam and it was actually on the official facebook website.

Please help! I'm only 13!

I've never told anyone my password and haven't used a public computer etc. I don't even know anyone from Taipei!

~ Jess

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2013, 05:23 PM

Change your password to something more difficult.

Ads

12-27-2013, 05:31 PM

No,but thanks for posting this warning.
12-27-2013, 05:33 PM

Well some assholes do this for no reason they dont change anything they just do it because they want to.
12-27-2013, 05:38 PM

change your password to a more complex one...
12-27-2013, 05:39 PM

I had had this problem some 3 years ago after that I changed my password and edited some privacy.AFter that I never had any problem thenafter....
12-27-2013, 05:55 PM

Change your password, or migrate your account.
12-27-2013, 06:11 PM

Ok it happened to me twice. To avoid this just change your password to a strong one. With numeric, lower and upper case characters. Also change your password every month. Make your privacy settings strict. This will surely help
12-27-2013, 06:27 PM

Sorry but sadly you have to be told the internet is just another name for a sex shop.
add to this the worst by far is FACEBOOK this heap of wombats poop has caused more teens so much pain and mental problems as they believe everything on it.
which is why you should be banned from using such things till you are over 18 years old when you know more about life.
12-27-2013, 06:29 PM

this could be
1 a hacker
2 a facebook fail
3 facebook getting sending this to the wrong person
4 a misunderstanding