This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
UK specific internet and marketing books?
10-14-2012, 01:26 AM
UK specific internet and marketing books?
I am looking for UK-specific books on the following (all the ones I have found are American) either indivdually or ones that encompass all (apart from cover letters, which is for something different)
Cover letter writing
Blogging
Search engine optimisation
Social media marketing
Can anyone recommend any? Much appreciated. (I am definitely not interested in any tailored to the American market)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 01:34 AM

I would re-post your question in the business and finance section of this site to get a proper answer,as we are trying to fix computer problems in this section.
Ah, search engine optimisation, seems to be all the rage at the moment, but it may be over rated and just a passing phase that is being over hyped at the moment in order to sell you it, here is one such example;
http://www.beyonder.co.uk/
Regards, Bert.

Ads

10-14-2012, 01:34 AM

If I were you I would completely disregard the above comment. SEO is all the rage right now because according to Google 80% of clicks occur on organic listings (listings that are generated by search queries). Paid links don't get nearly as many clicks.

To add to that over 90% of clicks occur on the first 3 listings in search results. I shouldn't have to sell you on this though because you're obviously already aware of the benefits.

I can't help you with respect to UK-Specific literature but that shouldn't matter as SEO and marketing in general don't change based on location. What will change are things like keywords, and the sites that you target for link building. So unless your just being overly patriotic you should broaden your horizons in terms of what literature you will consume.

The Art of SEO is a great place to start. It was co-authored by Rand Fishkin (head honcho at SEOmoz). Both Blogging and SMM are covered in this book.