This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can we get in any real trouble for creating a fake Facebook for a celebrity?
12-30-2013, 02:08 AM
Can we get in any real trouble for creating a fake Facebook for a celebrity?
We made this Facebook profile named "Rita Ora" just to see how many friends we would get. Then this guy pops up saying he is with MTV and the official Rita Ora website, and he wanted us to merge the page into the website. He said it saves a lot of paperwork to get us into trouble. We told him to go f**k himself, and now he says no I'm gonna do it myself.

P.S: Me and my friend are both 15.
We live in UK

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2013, 02:09 AM

no you cant get into trouble... its innocent and ive made a fake page for cher lloyd and its fine nobody really cares

Ads

12-30-2013, 02:23 AM

Hell no you can't get in trouble for that, some ass wipe is trolling you. That's the while basis of the freedom of speech.
12-30-2013, 02:33 AM

You shouldve put "parody account" on it. Im pretty sure you can so delete it.
12-30-2013, 02:45 AM

It depends on where you live......

In New York and California, online impersonation is a misdemeanor punishable by thousands of dollars in fines and up to a year in jail. In Texas, the crime is a third-degree felony that could land perpetrators up to ten years in prison. The Arizona legislature is currently considering a bill almost as severe as Texas’s law. In total at least nine states have an online impersonation law on the books or are currently considering one. Even if the impersonation involves a fake persona, the use of any real names, business or photography could cross the legal threshold.
12-30-2013, 02:54 AM

If it ever comes back to you the Police will put your name down on their computer files as a fraudster and conman with the disadvantage that in the future , every time a fraud is commited, your name and address will flag uip as a possible culprit.
12-30-2013, 02:57 AM

You need to get out more sam.

Celebs are nothing special but trash