This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does McCain want to increase our taxes, privatize social security, and cut Medicare ?
10-14-2012, 02:04 AM
Why does McCain want to increase our taxes, privatize social security, and cut Medicare ?
Isnt taxing our health benefits a bad move ? Is the stock market really the best place to put Social Security ? And should medicare be cut back by $900bn ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 02:12 AM

Its a GOP platform.

Ads

Cause he is a old mean codger.

He isn't increasing taxes. He is lowering them enough to fix America and still save us money.

B.S.

He's a Republican. Small ideas make small men

It's his spread the wealth plan he want to take from the middle class and give to the millionaires of the world like his wife and his friend George W Bush.

Obama BIden 2008-2016

He doesn't.

That has been the goal of the PNAC for years.

Privatizing social security does not mean to put it in the stock market. It means to allow a privately owned for profit company to administer the program. Lets face it, the government management is so poor that we are all lucky we even have social security anymore. A private company would do a much more efficient job simply because they will "make money" if they do. Medicare is already offering privatized insurance for retirees. I have it, and am more than happy with it. They pay better than did the government program...and the company who runs it in my area of the country is also making a profit from it.....and it doesn't cost me a single cent beyond my regular medicare premium that comes out of my social security check every month. (same amount as the gov. medicare program charged).This program increased jobs by more than 1500 people at this one company....and several companies are available to choose from.

If the govt. continues to run the medicare system, they will have to cut the benefits because they are so inefficient.

The amount of money that your employer pays you by paying for your health insurance is a benefit to you financially. It means cash in your pocket. All McCain wants to do is to have you pay a portion of that benefit in taxes. There is nothing wrong with that. And, if you don't want to pay the taxes on the benefit, you will be able to opt out of it if you wish and use his promised $5,000 insurance credit to get and pay for the coverage of your choice. By the way, the taxes on a plan that equals $5,000 in benefits that your company supplies would not amount to much. It would depend on your tax bracket.