This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it spiritually acceptable to be disillusioned with money?
10-14-2012, 02:09 AM
Is it spiritually acceptable to be disillusioned with money?
I keep thinking about money, and how it seems to be at the heart of nearly every social problem in the world. It is the defining factor in poverty, it is a barrier for poor people to access their needs, it causes war, hate and division, and it is synonymous with power and influence. My first answer to all of this was that it is necessary, and all of the negative things I listed there are necessary ramifications of the necessity for a trading medium such as money. Yet the more I think of it, the less necessary I see it to be, the more motivated I am to work for as little of the stuff as I possibly can, and the more I feel compelled to think up a new system in which money and trading no longer exist. Simply put, when I look at money, I see nothing but problems. When I'm paid, I interpret it as an adjustment in my rank in the ever-changing social leaderboard. Speaking of which, I see that leaderboard as being upside down, with the productive and useful people at the bottom, and unproductive parasites at the top. Have I achieved enlightenment, or is there some kind of spiritual sickness affecting my brain?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 02:17 AM

Like it or not, with enough money, you can buy almost anything.

In fact, you can even buy love -- or a semblance of it.

Ads

Money is not good and imaginary. Yeah.

I think that sin is the root of all evil. The love of money instead of the love of God is one part of the root of all evil.