This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can they contact me on twitter?
01-02-2014, 06:21 AM
Can they contact me on twitter?
Me and my sister have blocked someone on twitter but we are wondering if you block them can they still contact you like can they tag you ( dont now what its called) in stuff like tag you in a post type thing ? And if so how do i stop it ? X

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2014, 06:30 AM

If you block someone and they '@' you in one of their tweets, then no because you won't see it appear in your timeline

Ads

01-02-2014, 06:33 AM

Hi Jazzmin,
The method of "tagging" someone in twitter is called "mentioning" with a "@" infront of your username. When you block someone they wont be able to follow you or "sends you messages."
In fact, Twitter only blocks them from sending you personal message or DM. They still can mention (tag) you. But, you wont be able to see the mentioned(tagged) tweets on your Connect(@) page on twitter.
Unfortunately there is no way to block someone from "mentioning/tagging" you. You may use "Report Spam" as well to report any sorts of Spamming to twitter.
This is another reason why I believe we don't have full privacy on twitter.
Hopefully there will be a change for this in future!

Regards,
Abey (: